Monday, October 31, 2011

BURN NOTICE

I love BURN NOTICE. My Aunt Pete in Alabama is the first person to tell me about it. When I was there for Thanksgiving last year we watched a few of the episodes.  Once I got back home I caught up on all the ones I could on DVD. 


For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, here is a little synopsis.  Michael Westen is a burned spy.  He found himself in Miami without any knowledge of why he was burned.  All of his assets were frozen so he has no money.  His ex-girlfriend Fiona is with him and his mother (Sharon Gless) also lives in the area.  The overarching storyline that flows from episode to episode is Michael trying to figure out why he was burned and to get back into the spy game. At the same time, Michael helps people with their problems as a way to make some money. Each episode provides a new case. Fiona (a tough gal that is an expert in weapons and explosives) helps out as well as his old friend from the spy days, Sam Axe.


This show is full of action and humor. It is kind of live an updated version of MacGyver. 


Michael can make anything in a pinch. He uses cell phones for things all the time.  In an episode I watched just recently, he turned a Pringles can into an antenna.  


Give it a try if you haven't already. There are several seasons available on DVD and the new season is about to start in a couple of days. It is on USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment