Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Signs and Jaws

Continuing on with our horror/suspense theme for the month my daughter and I first watched SIGNS tonight.


Mel Gibson plays a minister who has lost his faith in God at the death of his wife. When crop circles show up in his corn field he thinks it is the prank of local teens. What it is really are aliens come to earth to take over. This is one of my favorite scenes from the movie:

I really had to laugh out loud when this came on! They are protecting their brains from the aliens being able to read their thoughts. Too funny! While this is not a horror film, it does have elements of suspense.

The next movie we put in was JAWS:

Jaws is a classic! I saw it for the first time when I was around 10 or 12. Let me tell you, I had no desire to EVER go back into the water! Not just ocean water, but lake water as well! If I can't see the bottom, there is no way I want to be in it! My favorite line of the whole movie is "Your gonna need a bigger boat"(said by Roy Schreider who played Chief Brody) it makes me laugh every time, and it is used frequently around my house when things look a little overwhelming. I hated it when Quint(played by Robert Shaw) got eaten. I loved his crusty character. He was a hoot!

You may ask why we watch so many movies around my house. We do not get cable or dish or any TV enhancing equipment. We have poor reception with only rabbit ears to tune in order to get a TV station. So instead of going through all of that and get frustrated, we watch A LOT of movies. Plus at this time of year I am glued to my chair working on crochet projects for Christmas and watching a movie helps the time pass quicker and it helps my fingers move faster. So there are my excuses for being lazy and sitting in front of the tube!

Tune in later for what's up next!

1 comment:

  1. That scene in Signs where they are sitting on the couch with the foil helmets is my ABSOLUTE favorite. Thanks for finding a picture of it. It makes me smile every time. :)

    ReplyDelete